Risky Women Radio is a show that sets out to connect, celebrate and champion women in risk regulation and compliance. Listen in to this exchange on the Ethics of Compliance – and find the full transcript on riskywomen.org – as well as many more podcast episodes.
I saw my career as one big black ski run! I don’t need to prove myself as a risk taker. Risk was the theme of my career.
I have one mantra that I’ve had for many years, which is that everyone, everyone is a leader when it comes to ethics.
- 00:00 Introduction from Chief Risky Woman Kimberley Cole
- 01:42 Sherry Madera @ Risky Women Singapore live event
- 06:06 Career
- 11:03 Biggest things going wrong in compliance
- 13:51 Who is responsible for compliance
- 16:30 Why people break rules
- 18:38 Factors for behaviour and leadership
- 28:31 Culture, approach, and measurement
- 35:12 Discovering an organisation’s values
- 37:33 When organisations don’t want to change their values
- 39:45 Industries that finance can learn from
- 42:07 Incentives
- 43:23 Rapid Fire Round